Students Receive New MacBooks

Amber Engle, Reporter

Students are passing down their old computers and getting new MacBooks in November. The new Macs are supposed to be twice the size internally and two times as fast as the old MacBooks, according to vice Principal Chad Brinton.

“In the next month or so, every MacBook that every kid has is going to get it taken and get a new one. I heard it’s faster, and you might get to keep the chargers. Then the old Macs get wiped clean and then are given to younger kids for labs and for use,” said Brinton.

“The new macs are twice the size (internally) and two times as fast as the old MacBooks The MacBooks will be 11 inches, which is the size of the current one. The district is giving them to students because there is a need for more technology in the lower grades. Since the high schools are being given brand new Macs, the old ones that are in current use are going down to the lower grades, getting rid of HP computers once and for all.” according to Brinton

“I think they want the students to have top of the line credits,” said senior Mikayla Stupps. “I think it’s important for the middle and elementary schools to have them.”

According to a survey conducted by Pew Research Center, about 75 percent of 2,462 teachers agreed that Internet use in the classroom improved research skills among students, however around 90 percent still called it a distraction.

“I think everyone will be pretty happy and excited. No one will complain about brand new Macs,” said Stupps.