Summer Concerts in Kansas City

Alayna Lopez, Reporter

Sophomores Julia Wilks and Andrew Simms attended Buzz Beach Ball at the Sporting Kansas City Stadium in 2014.
Riley Varuska and Emily Bennett attend One Direction at the Spirit Center in 2015.
Marena Nigro and Alexandra Smith attended Dancefestopia Music Festival at Berkley Riverfront Park in 2014.

This upcoming summer has lots of great bands like “One Direction “and “21 Pilots” coming to Kansas City for live shows.

“Going to concerts is a different way to enjoy the music. It’s just a way to connect with the singers and the other fans,” said sophomore Alex Smith about the ‘21 Pilots’ concert. “I’ve never been to a 21 Pilots concert so it should be a new experience.”

One Direction is also coming to town, and Emily Bennett will be front row. “I’ve been a really big fan for about three years now, and I’m beyond excited

for them to come back to Kansas City,”  said Bennett.

She not only hhttps://www.staleynews.com/wp-admin/post-new.php?custom-write-panel-id=1#as front row seats in Kansas City show, but also in Chicago, Illinois too.

“I’m most excited for them to sing ‘No Control’ and ‘Come On Come On’ or just anything off their new album,” said Bennett

Summer is full of concerts and big music festivals like Buzz Beach Ball. This year will be sophomore Julia Wilks’ second year going.

“Last Buzz Beach Ball was the best, and I’m really excited for this year because of all the bands that are coming,”  Wilks said.

Buzz Beach Ball is a great opportunity to see lots of different bands for as low as $30. Bands like Alt-J, Awolnation, Taking Back Sunday, Milky Chance, Misterwives, The Ting Tings, Zella Day, and Glass Animals are coming this year.

“I’m most excited for Glass Animals to come because I’ve never seen them live, and I really like their music,” Wilks said.