Positive Mindset can Lead to Success

Hafsa Hussein, Reporter

Have you ever been told no, over and over again? No matter what you did, it was all you’d been told? Hearing that can make a difference in someone’s life, good or bad. However, that rejection and feeling of under achievement can be held onto for a long time. It may be years later but the bitterness may still be there for some. With a positive outlook, past setbacks and disappointments can have the power to fuel later success. Having that “I’ll show‘em” attitude is important for motiving us to achieve higher and do better in shaping our future.

Motivation has the power to fuel, change, and satisfy. Like a fire, it can keep you alive and going when things get cold. Life is hard, it gets complicated, it gets expensive, and there are always problems. When we’re hungry for change, we look for the motivation to get things done. It’s something like a journey that tires us out, we get burnt and disappointed with past failures. But once we’re really hungry for something, we get up and go get it. It’s important because that’s when you will be able to reach set goals. That is why motivation is so important.

Those, “thank you for believing in me” speeches read at graduation; stories conveyed to others about personal success stories; and memories of looking back at past decisions concerning future success. Being able to look back and smile with no regrets make it all worthwhile.

If you’re finding it difficult to motive yourself, you can always motive your peers, friends, families, and those around you. That way, I believe, you will be able to see you that yes, I can do it too. It takes courage to have motivation to get things done. When those around you tell you that you can’t do something or that you’re not worthy, you become motivated to prove them wrong.

For parents, failure isn’t just a problem of taking care of your child. It’s also not wanting to see them hurt. But when parents motive their children, kids will eventually develop the mindset of not wanting to let down themselves, or those who believed in them; their parents and family.

For students, that devastating F on a test, rejection letter from a college, or failing your drivers test; after the letdowns, and disappointment, you should pick yourself back up with a positive outlook. Tell yourself that you’ll try twice as hard for the next time. When something happens, instead of letting it takeover; take control of your future because we can’t change the past, only shape our future. Sometimes, it is hard to get started; sometimes it is hard to continue; and sometimes it is hard to finish. To pick up from where you didn’t quite meet your goal. But whatever stage you’re in, the one thing you need to complete it successfully: motivation.