Forming Informal

Formal Turns to Glow Out

Christopher Spry

In preparation for winter informal, juniors Kylee Sally and Britlyn Sparks painted posters. The purpose of the poster was to inform the student body of the dress code. “I was assigned to be on Tim’s committee which meant we were in charge of poster making and spirit days,” said Sally.

Maddy Benda, Editor-In-Chief

Leadership and Student Council gave the winter dance a complete makeover. It was originally a formal, but it had low attendance. With Student Council’s goal of changing the school culture, they felt the formal needed a change, too.

Courtwarming has been changed to a glow out. Student Council has hired a company to come in and change the small gym to a black-light rave. If students choose to wear neon or white, their clothes will also glow when they are dancing with friends.

The dance is being held on Feb. 10 from 9-11 p.m. and costs $5. The reason for holding the dance on a Friday night instead of a Saturday is to raise attendance for the basketball game.

Varsity boys’ basketball will play Ruskin High School at 7 p.m. at home. Directly following the game, students head straight to the glow out while hopefully celebrating a win.