PowerSchool Introduces New Features

Destiny Wilborn, Reporter

Tracking a student’s academic progress with PowerSchool became a lot more in-depth on Jan. 22 when the software upgraded to include features that give students more details of grades, test scores, A+ status and class rank.

“We’ve really improved a lot with the new update,” said central office team member Stacy Barbosa. “I think it is going to help the students a great amount with keeping up with their academic progress.”

Upon logging in to PowerSchool, there is the typical format of previewing grades and attendance, but on the left side of the screen there is a sidebar labeled “navigation” with all of the new features. Among them include access logs, which show when students have logged into PowerSchool. Email notifications have been set up to allow parents to sign up for email updates of grades and attendance.

Barbosa said that the parents have given very positive feedback on the new updates, and that they enjoy being able to see the actual progress of their child through PowerSchool.

Not only does the new PowerSchool favor parents, but students as well. Students can see their current grades, class rank and GPA values, along with their graduation progress on course requirements related to the student’s
diploma. Instead of students having to check in with counselors for A+ information, PowerSchool gives a full summary showing a student’s A+ status, attendance, grades and
tutoring hours.

All the new information now provided in PowerSchool will allow parents and students to more efficiently keep track of their academic progress and show where and how students can improve towards graduation.