Black And White Trend

Dallas Beaulieu, Reporter

In a complicated world, it’s reassuring to have clean, simple, black and white stripes. This is why we love the classic black and white trend. The black and white trend represents modern meets assertive, without being too in your face. The best thing about the black and white trend is that it never goes out of style. It even traces back to when CoCo Chanel was first making it popular in the 1920’s.

“I really like the trend and the styles that go with it,” said sophomore Madison Murphy.

The best part about the black and white trend is that it’s flattering. Whether the black and white is in logical stripes, houndstooth, floral prints or vertical lines, they either emphasize or hide our curves.

“I like how the black and white can be in different patterns for pants,” said Murphy. Adding the crisp white to the winter heavy black color into your wardrobe will lighten up the outfit, enhancing it.

Want to get into the black and white trend? Here are some of the basic essentials to have in your closet. Patterned pants, graphic tees and flats are good clothing pieces that can be styled with everything.

The black-and-white trend also works for many different people with different styles, ranging from dramatic and bold with a graphic print, to a more chic and simple with easy color blocking separates.